Corindus will administer a training and education program developed for the CorPath Vascular Robotic System. Prior to using the System, physicians must attend and satisfactorily complete the following Phase 1 training elements:
- Attend the didactic portion of the training, presented by a member of the Corindus clinical staff.
- Perform hands-on training on either a demonstration System or a bench-top model, with verbal guidance and evaluation from Corindus clinical staff.
- Successfully answer at least 8 of 10 questions on a post-training quiz.
Physicians will be issued a certificate of completion of Basic CorPath Physicians Training upon successful completion of Phase I. Corindus will only support procedural use of the CorPath GRX System after a physician completes the Phase I training program.
Additionally, Corindus will observe an initial series of 5 cases with each trained physician, and conduct a comprehensive review, constituting Phase II of the program. Physicians will be issues a certificate of completion of Clinical CorPath Physician Training upon completion of Phase II.
A checklist will be utilized by Corindus clinical staff to ensure proficiency. The competency assessment will be maintain by Corindus. Repetition of the above tasks may be necessary until the physician user shows competence with all requirements. Non-physician staff will be encouraged to participate in the training sessions with physicians.
- Credentialing requirements met, if any (hospital specific)
- Procedure scheduling complete
PHASE I – BASIC CORPATH TRAINING
- Product overview
- System training
- Skills practice
Phase II – INITIAL SERIES OF 5 ROBOTIC CASES
- Initial case series activities – 5 cases
- Comprehensive review (post-5th case)
Phase III – PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
- Commitment to procedures: Two procedures per week for ongoing skill development
- Awareness Activities: Patient Education Seminars, Referring Physicians Programs